APPENDIX A: AdvancED SCHOOL QUALITY FACTORS (SQF)
The SQF is designed to guide and identify your school’s strengths and areas of need with the appropriate data in the improvement journey. The SQF Planning Tool drives your School-Wide Improvement Plan.
- Clear Direction - The capacity to define and clearly communicate to stakeholders the direction, mission, and goals that the institution is committed toachieving.
- Healthy Culture - The shared values, beliefs, written and unwritten rules, assumptions and behavior of stakeholders within the school community that shape the school’s social norms and create opportunities for everyone to besuccessful.
- High Expectations - An institution’s stated commitment to expectations for all stakeholders, including student learning outcomes, teacher quality, leadership effectiveness, community engagement and parent involvement.
- Impact of Instruction - The capacity of every teacher to purposefully and intentionally create an environment that empowers all learners to be successful and reach expected levels of achievement, including readiness to transition to the next level of learning or careerpathway.
- Resource Management - The ability of an institution to plan, secure, and allocate its resources (human, material, and fiscal) to meet the needs of everylearner.
- Efficacy of Engagement - The capacity to engage learners and other stakeholders in an effective manner to improve learningoutcomes.
- Implementation Capacity - The ability of an institution to consistently execute actions designed to improve organizational and instructionaleffectiveness.